Thursday, October 20, 2011

Walgreens Loot

I've never shopped at Walgreens for nail polish. Isn't that ridiculous?!

After picking up a much needed mocha at the local starbucks(and hopefully my soon to be employer!), I decided to browse through the racks at Walgreens. Cha-ching ladies, I found BLING! Jesse's Girl in Glee and Confetti are both gorgeous and a beautiful example of an affordable duo-chrome at just $2.99 each. I also came across a full display of ma.nish.ma holographic nail color($3.99) in four different shades; Blaster, Space Silver, Way Out Fuscia, and Beyond Opal. I went with Beyond Opal as I was afraid to invest in holo's that wouldn't be holo enough.



Index and middle finger are one coat of Glee over white(index) and black(middle) polish.


Ring finger and pinky are one coat of Confetti over white(ring) and black(pinky) polish.

Index and middle finger are one coat of Beyond Opal over OPI Black Onyx while ring finger and pinky are one coat of Beyond Opal over Sally Hansen White On. Unfortunately I was losing sunlight and paying way too much attention to the bottle instead of my last two fingers. The effect is lost in the photo, but definitely not in person. Over white nail polish you get more of a pearly iridescent finish as opposed to the shimmer over black.

While Beyond Opal goes on smoothly and evenly distributed it is NOT the holo I hoped it would be. Good thing I only purchased the one.

I hope I did these polishes some justice and next time I'll try to get my hands on a real camera!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the middle finger, it looks like an oil slick, lots of rainbowy goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete